In few months will be a year of filing Candidate Santander as European Capital of Culture in 2016. This morning, a beautiful summer Saturday morning I got the opportunity to leave home and go to Bilbao. How could it be otherwise, the visit to the Guggenheim was mandatory.
While touring and enjoying the atmosphere they breathed within those walls, kept coming to mind all that is missing from my city to become the Capital so much anxiety.
Santander, as anyone can see, in which the sea plays an important role in both winter and summer. It is a city where fancy Sitting in a sunny day in summer terrace and its time that you'd miss out on its streets in the cold winter. But, is it enough to get the title of European Capital of Culture?
No. It may sound so bad to fly the pen, but I think the answer, whether we like though, is correct.
In Santander we need more cultural agents, and thus I am not referring to the specimen known as "progressive Cultureta template" that unfortunately lives in all English institutions, but museums, galleries, art schools, etc. . Ultimately, what needs Santander is participation.
is good that people are going to see what other museums, but what if we who apart from receiving the generated culture? Do not be a clear distinction when vacuuming the coveted title?
To better understand what I mean, I'd do a little brainstorming exercise. In the U.S., for example, when children start school, begin to turn the study of a musical instrument so that the end of their studies have also developed an artistic side.
Now, imagine Santander with several schools of music, painting, dance .... In which children living in the city at no cost or for a nominal fee, could learn any musical technique, instrumental and artistic. Do you believe like I would get a truly cultural city?
0 comments:
Post a Comment