Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adidas Computer Shoes

Farewell to a piece of history ... Aznar

Today, December 18, is a historic day not only for the city of Santander, but for the whole English territory.
At 9.39 this morning, he carried out the removal of a monument, a statue representing D. Francisco Franco Bahamonde.
Around 11 am, I spent with some friends from college to see how a piece of history disappear from the visible face of our city.

I'm not getting on ideological issues, as it would lead to a discussion that would fit.
The only expression I want to share with you is the "withdrawal" of the statue.
I think given all we have to be clear is linked to the word nation is also the word history. History is what it is, and we can not change it, like it or not.
After attending the retreat, I returned to class, and history, made a "debate" about what we thought or not .... There were around ....
But I think something has gone clear and it gave me the reason the teacher.
Why do you want to delete the history? Are you really a law of historical memory has to remove the story? Is it inconsistent?

All periods have had good and bad things, but they have referred and we can not change. And worst of all, to remove this statue tomorrow, my children, I no longer wonder who was that man, as I did in his day, which will lead to history is unknown, and consequently, the repetition of it.
If not known, repeat ......

But I would like to know what you think you, not for Franco, but on the removal of the statue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment